November 13, 2019
If you are a smartphone owner and you’ve ever experienced any kind of damage to your phone, you’re in good company. According to a survey of 400 AT&T customers, 72% had damaged a smartphone; 57% have broken more than one. In fact, it’s estimated that two smartphone screens in the United States are damaged every second.
Smashed screens are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to smartphone damage. Other maladies reported by phone owners include chipped corners and scratches on the cell phone casing, unresponsive touch screens, dead batteries or batteries that won’t hold a charge, damaged speakers, and broken electronic ports cause by a charging cable or earphone plugs being accidentally yanked out.
According to a report published by CNBC, 74% of damage is caused by phones falling to the ground—49% dropped from a pocket while the other 51% are accidentally pushed off of counter tops, slip off of unstable surfaces, or are just plain fumbled from the hand. Thirty-nine percent of reported damages come from water damage—either being dropped in a body of water or having something spilled on them. Twenty-six percent of phones damaged by water were accidentally dropped in a toilet, either by falling out of a back pocket of the users pants or falling from the hands while flushing. The most staggering statistic though is that 27% of smartphones that have been damaged were covered with a protective case.
Thirty-eight percent of people with cracked screens or other broken features never even bother to have the damage fixed. Sixty-five percent put off repairs because they can’t afford an upgrade to a new phone and they believe shipping the damaged phone back to the manufacturer for repair will be both time-consuming and expensive.
With Tech Solutions, you won’t need to be without your damaged phone for long when you bring it to us for repairs. We can generally provide you with same-day service on most smartphone services, and our prices are quite reasonable. So, if you damage your phone—as so many people are prone to do—don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll make things right again.
Tags: Cell Phone, Smart Phone, Used Phones
Enter your email address below to hear about the latest news.